Team Leader Tools
Thanks for registering as a team captain for the first-ever camh Darkness to Light challenge!
These tools will help you encourage your team.
Register your team, and new additions, by clicking here
- Get your family, friends and co-workers to sponsor you as you stay up all night in support of the 1 in 5 Canadians affected by mental illness or addiction. Customizable emails already available in your Participant Centre make it easy to ask your network to support you.
- Use this poster to get classmates or colleagues interested in sponsoring you and/or joining your team.
Download the poster here
Social media channels are an easy way to let everyone know that you're daring to defeat mental illness.
Change your facebook and Twitter profile pic using this image to show your support,
- Post and tweet about your fundraising progress (we’ve created some posts to help you get started),
- And, as the sun rises on May 30, post your #sunriseselfie to celebrate your success! Don’t forget to use #D2L when you post your selfie.
Sample social posts:
- Join my team 4 camh Darkness to Light! We’ll have so much fun helping stop mental illness from destroying lives. #D2L
- Stay up for camh Darkness to Light the all-night challenge to defeat mental illness. Register today at darknesstolight.ca #D2L
- 2 days until #D2L. Sponsor me as I dare to defeat mental illness! darknesstolight.ca
- Staying up all night in support of the 1 in 5 CDNs affected by mental illness. Sponsor me @ darknesstolight.ca #D2L
- Hour 1 of camh Darkness to Light! I’m staying up for the 1 in 5 CDNs affected by mental illness. #D2L @endstigma
- Hour number 9 and we’re feelin' fine! #D2L @endstigma
Right click to download the camh Darkness to Light logo. You can use it on a poster, a t-shirt or any other promotional material you want to create!
Attitude matters. Ask for donations with the expectation of a ‘Yes’. Approaching an ask with a positive attitude improves your odds of success. Every time.
- Tell people how their support will make a difference. Each sponsor of camh Darkness to Light helps stop mental illness from destroying lives by advances in care, breakthroughs in research and by lending their voice to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental illness which keeps people from seeking help.
- Show your thanks. Make sure to thank each supporter when they make a gift, and throughout your fundraising efforts. Did you reach your first milestone? Let your supporters know that they made this possible. And, when you reach your goal, thank them again for helping you succeed and helping defeat mental illness.
- Be prepared to hear ‘No’. Don’t take this personally. Fundraisers hear ‘no’ all the time! Say thanks anyway and move on to your next ask.
Download the D2L Fundraising Toolkit for even more tips to make fundraising fun and easy!
Donating online…it's not for everyone. You can collect and track offline donations (cash and cheques) in your Participant Centre. This way, your offline donations are added to your fundraising total.
Download the pledge form.
When you're ready to mail your offline donations to us, you can print off a summary from your Participant Centre.