What is the CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™ Challenge?
It’s your time to step up — and stay up — to defeat mental illness.
CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™ is a Canada-wide challenge to share one night to inspire hope for the one in five Canadians living with mental illness in any given year. It starts now and continues through to Friday, April 7.
Millions of Canadians experience the pain of living with mental illness, as do their families, friends, and colleagues. As few as one in six youth with mental illness or addiction will access appropriate treatment. As many as nine in ten people with alcohol use disorders don’t seek professional care.
It’s time to step up to defeat mental illness. Register now.
In its first two years, CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™ has rallied 3,500 brave participants and more than 15,000 donors, raising more than $1.5 million. The efforts of participants and donors have helped:
- Create three new youth clinics to help address the gap in mental health treatment.
- Inspire hope through discovery by testing new treatment options for people with severe and treatment-resistant depression.
- Publish over 500 journal articles, sharing the incredible discoveries made at CAMH.
- Continue to redevelop CAMH facilities to build treatment, education and research spaces that reflect respect for patients and hope for recovery.
- Expand effective and timely access to mental health services in remote and underserved communities around the country through technology and access to telepsychiatry.
This year, you can step up and inspire hope in new ways.
- Create a team or join a team to step up and stay up together.
- Sign up for our national team by registering as an individual.
- Stay up for part of the night or overnight as part of our virtual One Brave Night challenge.
- Step up and support a friend, colleague, family member or team.
- Take on a personal mental health challenge and ask friends or family to support you or join in.
- Share your inspiration for stepping up and staying up.
- Raise funds to support those living with mental illness. The more we raise, the bigger the impact we’ll have.
At the end, join Canadians from coast to coast to coast with a #OneBraveSelfie to commemorate an inspiring night and the difference you made.
You can also be part of the CAMH One Brave Night™ challenge by supporting those who are stepping up, staying up and inspiring hope for those living with mental illness. Search for an individual or team to donate now.