I am super proud of where I work. CAMH is such a special hospital and we're lucky that we have the biggest mental health hospital in the country right here in Toronto.
Every great mission needs funding and CAMH is no different. Each year, I register for One Brave Night because I believe so passionately in the work that we do. Here are some of the reasons I am proud to work at CAMH:
- We are home to the largest mental health and addictions research facility in Canada, with more than 100 scientists, 500 research staff and more than 150 trainees. The institute is driving innovation in early detection methods and effective new treatments for mental illness
- One of our scientists (Dr. Alex Abramovich) led the FIRST ever homeless shelter for LGBTQ2S youth
- Our Temerty Centre for Therapeutic Brain Intervention is one of only five places in the world — and the only one in Canada — focused on novel interdisciplinary investigations of brain stimulation treatments for severe psychiatric illnesses
- Dr. Yuliya Knyahnytska completed a VERY promising study on using brain stimulation for treatment-resistant anorexia
- ATTENTION MAMAS -> Dr. Jeffrey Meyer discovered a promising new treatment for post-partum depression
- Because of the indomitable Donna Slaight, our Gifts of Light program means that every single patient here can get what they need to focus on their recovery: pajamas, slippers, a journal or a night at the movies to take a load off
- Our emergency room at the corner of College and Spadina is a place like no other in our province. It has helped save the life of someone who is so, so beloved to me.
- We serve kids, seniors and literally everyone in between.
- We have culturally relevant care because treatment is not one-sixed-fits-all
Please help me reach my fundraising goal - any amount is greatly appreciated!