Thank you for visiting my page! The overwhelming support that I received last year for my One Brave Night has motivated me to continue my fight and inspire hope to all those who have been affected by mental illness. If you are planning to donate or have already donated, please know it is appreciated more than I can say.
Mental health is something that has always been close to my heart. This year, I want to take the time to shed light on a topic that I am particularly passionate about: child and youth mental health.
Did you know:
• As many as 1 in 5 children and youth in Ontario will experience some form of mental health problem.
• Less than 20% of children and youth will receive appropriate treatment.
• 70% of mental health problems have their onset during childhood or adolescence.
• 63% of youth point to stigma as the most likely reason to not seek help.
• When treatment is sought, there are wait times of up to 18 months at child and youth mental health centres.
Improving the mental health of children and youth requires action on all fronts. We still have a lot of work to do, but the future looks so bright! With your donation, you are funding life-saving treatment, groundbreaking research, and helping to end the stigma that still follows mental illness.
On April 6th, I will be standing up and staying up to let everyone know that it's okay not to be okay. To all those who have been affected by mental illness, we’re here for you, fighting for you and we’re always ready to listen.
Thanks for reading!