What is CAMH One Brave Night™?
Showcase your hidden talent in support of mental health!
On Friday, May 10th, it’s your time to shine—and time to shine a spotlight on mental health. CAMH One Brave Night is your chance to share your talent with the world while fundraising in support of mental health. From music to magic, dancing to drawing, there is no shortage of ways you can participate in this virtual campaign and inspire hope for people living with mental illness. Whether you choose to get up on a public stage, host your own showcase, or post a video of your talent, it’s your chance to express your creativity and share it with the world!
Register today and ask family, friends and colleagues to join your team or support your One Brave Night.
When it comes to mental health, the numbers are staggering:
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience mental illness every year
- 70% of all mental illnesses have their onset during adolescence
- About 4,000 Canadians per year die by suicide—an average of almost 11 suicides a day
Mental illness is an issue that touches us all. We need you to step out and express yourself to defeat mental illness. Register now.
As Canada’s leading hospital for mental health, CAMH helps people of all ages who are living with mental illness and provides them with hope and a path toward recovery. Since 2015, One Brave Night has fueled research, care and education at CAMH, rallying over 8,500 brave participants and 30,000 donors to raise more than $3.2 million. Their efforts have helped CAMH:
- Create three new youth clinics to help address the gaps in mental health treatment.
- Inspire hope through discovery by testing new treatment options for people with severe and treatment-resistant depression.
- Continue to redevelop CAMH facilities to build treatment, education and research spaces that are respectful, dignified and recovery-oriented.
- Expand effective and timely access to mental health services in remote and underserved communities around the country through technology and access to telepsychiatry.
This year, we invite you to showcase a hidden talent, and share a piece of yourself. Whether you choose to get up on a public stage, host your own showcase, or post a video of your talent, it’s your time to shine—and time to shine a spotlight on mental health. It might seem scary, but remember: On Friday, May 10th, you’ll be part of a huge community who dare to step out and fully express their true self for mental health. Here are a few ideas to get you started (but don’t be afraid to think outside the box!):
- Sing a song
- Play a musical instrument
- Do a dance
- Read a poem
- Perform stand-up comedy
- Do a magic trick
- Share your artwork
When you join CAMH One Brave Night, you will have access to online tools and resources that make fundraising easy and fun!
It’s time to express yourself and share your talent for mental health on One Brave Night!
You can also be part of CAMH One Brave Night by supporting those who are stepping out, getting creative and inspiring hope for those living with mental illness. Search for an individual or team to donate now.