CAMH One Brave Night 2019 Early Bird Rules and Regs
CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™
Early Bird Contest Rules
The CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health™ Early Bird contest (the “Contest”) is conducted by CAMH Foundation (the “Sponsor”) and is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). Entrants must have attained the age of majority in their respective province/territory at the time of entry.
Entrants are not eligible to participate in the Contest if they are:
- employees, agents or representatives of the Sponsor or its affiliates; or
- a member of the household and/or immediate family of any of the above parties. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “immediate family” means spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
HOW TO ENTER
The Contest begins on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 8:00 AM and ends on Friday, March 8, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM (the “Contest Period”). All times listed in these Contest Rules refer to Eastern Standard Time.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter: use your web browser to go to www.onebravenight.ca and register to participate in CAMH One Brave Night for Mental Health. There is no fee to register to participate. You can also enter by sending a Contest Entry by mail with your name, complete address (including postal code), email address and a contact phone number to “CAMH One Brave Night”, CAMH Foundation, 100 Stokes Street, 5th Floor, Toronto, ON, M6J 1H4. All mail in entries must be post-marked by the contest closing date. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none shall be acknowledged or returned. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. In the case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. All entries must be received during the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, incomplete, falsified, garbled, or tampered with in any way.
There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded to the Contest winner (the “Winner”). The Prize consists of One (1) iPad Mini 4 (128GB). The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $529CDN
The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, sold, substituted or redeemed for cash, except that the Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described due to unavailability for any reason.
On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM at the CAMH Foundation, Toronto, Ontario, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received. The selected eligible entrant will be notified on Monday, March 11, 2019 by telephone or email to the contact information used for registration on the account or letter used to enter the Contest. If a selected eligible entrant cannot be contacted by 11:00 AM on Monday, March 18, 2019, he/she will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be selected and contacted. The Sponsor is not responsible for a selected eligible entrant’s failure to receive notification for any reason whatsoever. Odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
SKILL TESTING QUESTIONIn order to be eligible to win a Prize, the selected eligible entrant shall be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise. The skill-testing question will be administered by telephone.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in this Contest, entrant agrees:
- to be bound by the Contest Rules;
- to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and
- to sign and return a publicity release and release of liability (the “Contest Release”) which confirms, among other things, that the entrant: (i) complies with all of the eligibility requirements of these Contest Rules (ii) releases the Sponsor, and each of their respective affiliates, parents, and related entities, as well as the owners, governors, officers, directors, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, sponsors, promoters, and advertisers of all the foregoing from any and all liability arising out of or in any way connected to his/her participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity, the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize, the use of personal information described herein and the use of merchandise purchased as a result of winning the Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iii) grants to the Sponsor and/or its agents the unrestricted right to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the entrant’s city/province or territory of residence, statements, endorsements, biography, name, voice, photograph and likeness for advertising and/or publicity purposes without compensation, other than the value of the Prize offered, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised.
PUBLICITY RELEASE AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The executed Contest Release must be returned within three (3) business days of the date of receipt by a selected eligible entrant or such selected eligible entrant shall be disqualified and his/her Prize forfeited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Sponsor is not responsible or liable for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, notifications, replies or any Contest Release; for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, Internet Service Providers, websites or other connection, related to the Contest; for errors of any kind, including but not limited to human, electronic, mechanical and/or technical in nature; for failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer and online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any websites related to the Contest, or any combination thereof or otherwise; for any injury or damage to entrant, entrant’s computer, or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading material in connection with the Contest; for incorrect or inaccurate information; and/or for weather conditions, event cancellations, delay or rescheduling or other factors beyond the Sponsor’s control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation and administration of the Contest; acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or in violation of the Contest Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason without prior notice or compensation.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials or advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
These Contest Rules will be available at the Sponsor’s Reception Desk located on the fifth floor of the Bell Gateway Building, CAMH Foundation, 100 Stokes Street, Toronto, ON M6J 1H4 and online at www.onebravenight.ca.