Healing the mind one note at a time. One Note Away is a student-run organization using the power of music to connect youth while promoting the importance of mental health affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Our team strives to achieve the following five goals:
- To raise awareness and promote the importance of youth mental health (specifically depression and anxiety) affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- To engage and provide an environment to connect and support youth through music
- To support research concentrated on developing innovative ways to improve youth mental health and ameliorate barriers
- To fund innovative projects that aim to reduce alcohol or drug abuse inflicted by mental health for youth
- To promote mental wellness and normalize the conversation surrounding mental health
Did you know that 1 in 5 Canadians experience mental illness in any given year? And that 4,000 Canadians die by suicide every year—almost 11 people per day?
And yet many don't realize that, in its most severe forms, mental illness can be fatal.
With your support, we can change how the world sees and treats mental illness. We can break down stigma and lead important conversations about suicide prevention. We can give people time to get the help they need; families time to heal; and researchers and clinicians time to make breakthroughs and offer new treatment options.
Please donate today and help us make a difference in the world today, one note at a time.